Studio Administrator – JobID#001
Closing Date: Friday, March 30th, 2018
Posting by Jeremy Martel – Owner
We are a rapidly growing business that requires an individual that can thrive in a fast paced environment. We are a small team with big dreams of growing our studio into not only a widely known hub of photography but a teaching studio for other budding photographers. Since we have a small team with large dreams it is important to find the key individual for this position that not only fits in with our culture but is willing to work hard and help push us to new heights by providing new ideas and insights.
Our Admin will handle a wide range of clerical and customer service support in our studio. Strong computer skills and the ability to handle details with a high degree of accuracy and efficiency are required.
Must live in the Calgary area.
The ideal candidate has administrative experience, a keen eye for details, loves providing great customer service, can anticipate needs, has an interest in photography, can work in a collaborative environment, enjoys a challenge, and is willing to learn new and complex software.
The learning curve for this position is 2-3 months as this position requires a solid understanding of multiple complex programs and applications. The ability to take and action constructive criticism is a must in order to become well versed in all programs and applications. We have carefully created instructional videos for all studio processes, once comfortable with accessing and utilizing these videos it is important to use them to help work independently.
An interest in potentially assisting at photoshoots is important!
(will include, but not limited to)
- Acute adherence to studio’s brand and brand experience.
- Managing and responding to client inquiries.
- Managing studio schedules and bookings.
- Responding to client inquiries and issues in a timely, responsive manner.
- Assisting in the preparation of client images, files and posts for client meetings.
- Flowing end processes of sessions for client delivery.
- Arranging client meetings (venues, preparing printed materials and handling schedule changes).
- Following up on client meetings and entering notes in contact management system.
- Assisting in writing and processing client/prospect letters, proposals and contracts.
- Shipping and receiving client products and arranging pickups.
- Preparing and placing client product orders with our print labs.
- Scheduling social media posts and maintaining audience schedules and trends.
- Integrate pre-templated or pre-written content into blog and/or social media posts.
- Receiving, scanning and sending out mail & registered mail.
- Ordering and maintaining the supplies for the office.
- Other duties are required.
The following is a list of the skills we would like you to be able to demonstrate.
- Detail oriented.
- Self-starter, quick learner and critical thinker.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong command of the English language both written and verbal.
- Experience managing high-value clients and their expectations.
- Have a professional attitude towards clients and other professionals.
- Ability to breakdown complex situations or problems.
- Ability to deliver positive, solution based responses to customer inquiries.
- Ability to work with a high level of discretion and be able to work independently.
- Ability to work in a systematic fashion from a very detailed pre-defined process workflow without missing steps or details.
- Ability to master complex and detailed workflows that span multiple software applications.
- Ability to rapidly adapt to technology and social media changes that alter or change our studio’s processes.
- Working knowledge of social media and social media strategies is an asset.
- Basic understanding of video standards and terminology is an asset.
TECHNICAL SKILL REQUIREMENTS
The software that is listed as a “Must Know” is exactly that. The software listed in the nice to know category is only a bonus as we would be happy to train you in each of these software applications.
- MacOS Operating system.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Mail management applications.
- Basic working knowledge of Google Docs, Google Drive, and Google Sheets.
- Basic working knowledge of Pages, Numbers, and Keynote
- Working knowledge of WordPress.
- Working knowledge of (Facebook, Google+, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIN, YouTube, Vimeo, Flickr, and Pinterest).
Nice to Know:
- Tave Studio Management Software
- Basic working knowledge of social media hashtags.
- Basic working knowledge in the following Adobe software (Photoshop, Lightroom & Indesign).
- Basic working knowledge of WordPress and Visual Composer.
- Basic HTML coding skills.
While I strongly believe that the right attitude and mindset is the most important part of being successful in this position having the listed experience below is an asset.
- Experience – 1 year of Reception or Administration work
WORKING HOURS & COMPENSATION
Monday to Friday (5hrs between 10:00am and 6:00pm)
Type: Contract work
Compensation: Hourly (paid bi-weekly)
Hours: 30 to 40 hours per week
- The first and most obvious one would be working with our amazing team!
- The second which is almost as good would be free photography with our studio!
INTERVIEW & HIRING PROCESS
The hiring process will be conducted in three rounds.
Round 1: Application
- You are required to submit a cover letter and resume.
- In your cover letter if you can please tell me a little bit about yourself and why you are unique. Please also use the words ATTENTION to DETAIL as I have written it.
- Each application will be reviewed by the JM Photography team and a selection of the applicants will be chosen to move on to the next round.
Round 2: Phone Interview
- For the phone interview, only the successful candidates will be contacted.
- The phone interview will be mostly behavioural and lets us get to know you a little better!
Round 3: Face to Face interview
- This round will be a face-to-face interview conducted at our studio with the studio owner Jeremy Martel and our studio manager.
The position will grow to full time as the studio’s workload increases.