Wedding Photographer – JobID#104
Closing Date: ONGOING
Posting by Jeremy Martel – Owner
Our studio is looking for positive and dedicated wedding photographer to join our team. As a photographer for our studio, enthusiasm, superb customer service skills and being a team player are key. A high degree of creativity paired with a strong understanding of image composition, technical lighting and camera technology is an asset. Also having the ability to handle details with a high degree of accuracy and efficiency are required. This is a growing part of our studio and we are looking for individuals that wants to have the opportunity to be at the forefront of building an industry leading wedding and portrait photography studio.
A little bit about us 🙂
We are a rapidly growing business that requires an individual that can thrive in a fast paced environment. We are a small team with big dreams of growing our studio into not only a widely known hub of photography but a teaching studio for other budding photographers. Since we have a small team with large dreams it is important to find the key individual for this position that not only fits in with our culture but is willing to work hard and help push us to new heights by providing new ideas and insights.
The ideal candidate for this position would be someone looking to capitalize on the additional wedding leads that we have to turn away each year.
The learning curve for this position is 1-4 months (but that really depends on your current skill level) as this position requires a solid understanding of our studio methodology and approach to photographing weddings and events.
(will include, but not limited to)
- Acute adherence to studio’s brand and brand experience.
- Being the team lead for each wedding you are working.
- Providing direction and guidance to the second photographers and assistants work with you.
- Conducting a timeline review with the couple prior to their wedding day
- Providing direction and guidance to the couple regarding their wedding.
- Capturing the primary shot list for each event or wedding.
- Assisting in the recording of the days events for our studios writers.
- Managing and maintaining your own equipment, the studios lighting equipment.
- Other duties are required.
The following is a list of the skills we would like you to be able to demonstrate.
- Detail oriented.
- Self-starter, quick learner and critical thinker.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong command of the English language both written and verbal.
- Experience managing high-value clients and their expectations.
- Have a professional attitude towards clients and other professionals.
- Proven photographic experience, specifically related to weddings and events.
- Current knowledge of the latest photographic trends, technology, and software.
- Proven knowledge of working with studio and off camera flash lighting equipment.
- Ability to breakdown complex situations or problems.
- Ability to deliver positive, solution based responses to customer inquiries.
- Ability to work with a high level of discretion and be able to work independently.
- Ability to work in a systematic fashion from a very detailed pre-defined process workflow without missing steps or details.
- An understanding of photo and video terminology is an asset.
While the following list would be nice for someone to have we are willing to work with the right individual even if they don’t yet have all the necessary gear. The following is a list of what you would most likely eventually need.
- Have your own reliable transportation (Must have this)
- Full frame Nikon, Canon, or Sony Camera
- 24-70mm or 24-105mm lens
- 70-200mm lens
- 35mm or 85mm prime lens
- A Macro Lens for Ring Shots
- x1 Speedlight for your camera (if you don’t have this we would want you to get a StrobePro X60 as then it will be compatible with all our studios lighting gear)
- All other lighting gear is provided by the studio.
While I strongly believe that the right attitude and mindset is the most important part of being successful in this position having the listed experience below is an asset.
- Photography Experience – 1-3 years of experience
- Any sales experience is an asset
WORKING HOURS & COMPENSATION
Type: Contract work
Work Days: Monday to Sunday
Contracted Hours: Min of 2hrs and a Max of 13hrs per day
Compensation: $250-$1250/day (Varies depending on the booked job)
- The first and most obvious one would be working with our amazing team!
- The second which is almost as good would be free photography with our studio!
INTERVIEW & HIRING PROCESS
The hiring process will be conducted in four rounds.
Round 1: Application:
- You are required to submit a cover letter, resume and professional portfolio of your work.
- In your cover letter if you can please tell me a little bit about yourself and why you are unique. Please also use the words ATTENTION to DETAIL as I have written it.
- Please provide a PDF of your 5 best in camera shots and those same 5 photos edited.
- Please provide a link to your online portfolio for us to review.
- Each application will be reviewed by the JM Photography team and a selection of the applicants will be chosen to move on to the next round.
Round 2: Phone Interview
- For the phone interview, only the successful candidates will be contacted.
- The phone interview will be mostly behavioral and lets us get to know you a little better!
- We will also go over your photography background.
Round 3: Face to Face interview
- This round will be a face-to-face interview conducted at our studio with the studio owner Jeremy Martel and our studio manager.
Round 4: Field Test
- Once you have complete the other rounds successfully there will be a period of time where you will shadow our studio’s owner (Jeremy) at his weddings ensuring that you maintain the quality experience our couples have come to know and that you know how to capture the imagery our studio is known for.
None at this time.